Your privacy is critically important to us. At Everstrike, we have a few fundamental principles:
● We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
● We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
● We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
● We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
● We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Howdy! We are the folks behind Everstrike - a non-custodial perpetual options platform.
● Use any of our Websites (everstrike.io, testnet.everstrike.io);
● Use our Application Programming Interface (API);
● Communicate with our Support Heroes
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
● Basic Account Information. We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Everstrike.com account to provide an email address along with a nickname and country.
● Google Account Email. When signing up, you may, optionally, provide us with your Google account email address. To do so, click the “Sign up with Google” button. Your Google email address will then be used as the primary email address for your account on Everstrike. Your Google email address will not be shared with third parties, and will be stored by us infinitely, or until you delete your account on Everstrike.
● Communications with Us (Hi There!). You may also provide us information when you communicate with our Support Heroes about a support question or sign up for a newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, comment, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
● Identity Verification Information. We may be required to collect additional personal data about you in order to be compliant with regulations regarding Know-Your-Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF). This information may include a copy of your government-issued ID and proof of residence (like a utility bill).
● Corporate information. To verify your corporate information, we may collect data from public company registers.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
● Log Information. Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create an account or place an order.
● Usage Information. We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the orders that you place and the trades that you take part in. We collect this data to present you with detailed overviews and statistics about your trading history.
● Location Information. We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
● To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, place orders on your account, make deposits and withdrawals on your account and login to your account.
● To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to trade more effectively;
● To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use; ● To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our user interface, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyze how many individuals placed an order for a specific trading pair during a certain length of time; ● To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Everstrike and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
● To verify your identity.
● To communicate with you. For example, we may email you to solicit your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on Everstrike; text or email you to verify your ownership of device you are logging in with; or email you to share important information about your account. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (Please keep in mind that even if you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account); and
● To personalize your experience using our Services and provide content recommendations.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer and improve the security of your account - for example, to verify your ownership of devices that you use to access your account; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information -- for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience
Sharing Information - How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
● Third Party Vendors. We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
● Legal and Regulatory Requirements. We may, in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, or if necessary in order to report suspected illegal activity, disclose information about you to law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials and other authorities. We may transfer your data to a regulatory authority, if we are required to do so by law or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are defending a legal claim.
● To Protect Rights, Property, and Others. We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Everstrike, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
● With Your Consent. We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
● Aggregated or De-Identified Information. We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
● Published Support Requests. And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it --which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Everstrike’s websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately five years. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, improve the security of your account by requiring devices that you haven’t used before to log in to your account to be verified through your email, analyze traffic to Everstrike’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites. After the five years are up, the deleted content may remain on our backups and caches until purged. If there is an ongoing legal or financial claim, we may retain your personal data longer.
All data submitted through the website is transmitted via encrypted Transport Layer Security (TLS) connections. Your data is encrypted both at rest (using AES256 encryption) and in transit. Encryption keys are rotated frequently. Your password is cryptographically hashed using Bcrypt with a cost factor of 12. All electronic communication between employees is PGP-encrypted.
Only carefully vetted and authorized employees have access to your personal data. These employees are required to treat your personal data as highly confidential.
We never ask you for financial information such as credit card number, bank account number, password, PIN or similar in email, text or any other communication. If you ever get asked for such financial information by someone pretending to be Everstrike, or by someone pretending to work for Everstrike, please do not give them any information and contact us immediately.
We also never ask you for your password. If you ever get asked for such password by someone pretending to be Everstrike, or by someone pretending to work for Everstrike, please do not give them any information and contact us immediately.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings, like Two Factor Authentication.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
● Limit the Information that You Provide. If you have an account with us, you can choose not to submit any messages in the chat.
● Opt-Out of Marketing Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
● Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies. You can set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Everstrike’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Everstrike’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
● Close Your Account. While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services :( :( :( :(, you can ask us to close your account by contacting us. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above--for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
● Request access to your personal data;
● Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
● Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
● Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and ● Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. Please note that we may refuse a request to delete your data, for example if we are required to hold your personal data for compliance with law or in connection with legal claims. While we are committed to honoring any objections you may have as to the way we use and process your data, we reserve the right to deny the objection and continue the use and processing of your data, if legally required to do so. During the investigation of your objection, we will suspend the processing of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority. How to Reach Us
Because Everstrike’s Services are offered worldwide, the information about you that we process
when you use the Services in the EU may be used, stored, and/or accessed by individuals operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who work for us, other members of our group of companies, or third party data processors. This is required for the purposes listed in the How and Why We Use Information section above.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.